By entering the Car Park located at 291 King Street, Newcastle (Civic Car Park) and/or 50 Bolton Street, Newcastle (Bolton Car Park) you, together with any passengers accept to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not wish to accept these Terms on entry to the Car Park, you and the vehicle in which you entered (“Vehicle”) must immediately leave the Car Park. If
you leave immediately you will not be charged any parking fees.
1. In addition to the Terms set out herein, use of the Car Park requires you to comply with all additional signage and directions displayed within the Car Park, together with any verbal directions given to you by Hunter Parking and Storage staff.
2. Acknowledging that this Car Park is used by others, you agree to act safely and responsibly, and to ensure that noise levels (i.e. use of horns) are kept to a minimum.
3. You are liable for any damages caused by you or the Vehicle to the Car Park and/or any damages or injury to third parties using the Car Park and their vehicles including, but not limited to, any damage caused by oil or other substances which leak from the Vehicle.
4. We warrant that the Car Park shall be operated with due care and skill, and we make no other warranties (express or implied) in this regard. Where the Competition & Consumer Act 2010 (or similar state legislation) implies conditions or warranties which cannot be legally excluded, our liability is to the extent permitted by law, limited, (at our option) to the re- supply of the services or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
5. You acknowledge that we are not liable to you (or any passengers in the Vehicle, or any other third party) for any loss, damage, or injury (including any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or economic loss or damage (which shall include loss of opportunity, exemplary or punitive damages)) whether to the person or property (including the Vehicle) howsoever caused.
6. Nothing in these Terms limits our liability for personal injury or death to the extent caused by a negligent act or omission of Hunter Parking and Storage.
7. In the event of force majeure, being a circumstance outside of our reasonable control, our obligations to you under these Terms in respect of the Car Park shall be suspended and we shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform our obligations.
8. A parking fee is payable each time a vehicle enters the car park. Parking fees are displayed on the tariff board at the entry to the car park. Your fee is only valid for the vehicle for which it is issued and for one entry only. We have a lien over your vehicle and may refuse to release it if the parking fee is not paid and we may continue to hold your vehicle until payment is received for all unpaid parking charges for your vehicle.
9. When we say “us” “we” and “our” it refers to “Hunter Parking and Storage” and “vehicle” means the vehicle (its equipment and accessories) which enters into the car park.